Preparing for Hiring Events
Local Networking Organizations
Links to Job Search Central Bibliographies
- RESUME & COVER LETTER BOOK BIBLIOGRAPHY
- JOB HUNTING BIBLIOGRAPHY
- Interviewing Skills
- Electronic Job Hunting Books
Descriptions of Job Search Central Classes available at the branches:
- Target Your Resume: Learn how to update, fine tune and focus your resume for specific job targets to compete in today’s competitive job market.
- Interviewing Skills Workshop: You never get a second chance to make a first impression! Learn how to put your best foot forward in job interviews and get an opportunity to practice interviewing with human resource professionals from Northern Kentucky.
- Jump Start Your Job Search: Learn to skillfully navigate the best Job Search sites available, the importance of networking & how to do job research using databases.
- LinkedIn Techniques for Job Seekers: Basic class on LinkedIn, specifically geared to get started using it BEFORE you need to find a new job.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc…
- Occupation Practice Tests
- Work Keys Preparation
- Workplace Skills Improvement
- Gale Courses
- First Time Computer Users
- Create and Email
- MS Word I & II
- MS Excel I & II
- Power Point I & II
- Introduction to Publisher
Northern KY Industrial Park Company Lists:
JOB SEARCH TOOLS:
- Action Verbs_Job Search to use in Resumes & Cover Letters
- Job Search Sites 2015
- Web Sites for Job Searches for People with Disabilities
- COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP SITES nat edit
- 2015 KY Directory of Business & Industry
DATABASE RESEARCH TOOLS:
Reference USA: Use KCPL database to identify a thorough list of target companies in your field in our area. Run reports to help substantiate creation of a new business for a first-class business plans.
VALUELINE: Print brief, but current market report on potential employer to get current financial figures that are easy to read and understand.
Business Source Premiere: Use to find current articles about businesses or organizations that you are applying to for jobs for data that you can use in opening lines of strong cover letters.
ONLINE LEARNING SITES:
PROFESSIONAL NETWORKING GROUPS
TOOLS AVAILABLE AT THE REFERENCE DESK:
- Harris Directory for Ohio based companies
- Encyclopedia of Careers & Vocational Guidance: Concise, detailed information about future career options.
- Cincinnati Business Courier Book of Lists
- Updated Daily List of New Jobs Posted on Kentucky Focus Site
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST:
Stay informed about our latest classes and news. Subscribe to our JOB SEARCH CENTRAL Email list.