The staff of the Kenton County Public Library is committed to serving the citizens of Kenton County. To that end, we affirm that borrowers have the right to:
• A clean, safe, friendly library environment.
• A meeting room for public use on an equitable basis.
• Reading and study areas that are free from unnecessary disturbances.
• Prompt, courteous service at all times.
• Prompt, friendly assistance in accessing the Library catalog and using the Library’s computers.
• Provision of equal services for those with disabilities.
• Full use of the Library’s collection without regard to gender,age, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation or income.
• A collection that reflects the needs and interests of the community that is selected without regard to origin, background, or point of view of those contributing to a particular item’s creation.
• A collection that reflects all points of view on current and historical issues.
• Reasonable access to items that are not available in the Library’s collection.
• Appropriate technology for accessing electronic elements of the collection.
• Timely notification of closures and holidays that would affect the borrower’s ability to access any part of the collection.
• Review of each individual’s borrower record upon request of that borrower.
• Prompt notification of overdue items.
• Accurate assessment of fines and charges.
• A borrower suggestion system for new services or materials that the Library should consider providing.
• A grievance process in the event any staff member or service fails to meet expectations or if any borrower right has been violated.