A popular Bromley restaurant that was located at the southwest corner of Shelby and Main Streets. The building was constructed in 1892, and for much of its existence housed a café or restaurant. In 1913, Harry “Pig Iron” Traylor purchased the building from Herman Huntsman. Traylor operated Traylor’s Café at the site for many years. Traylor’s daughter, Dorothy Traylor Jennings, transformed the café into the Lamp Light Patio after Harry’s death.
On July 1, 1956, Gordon and Dorothy Jennings sold the Lamplite Patio business to Daniel W. Dale (the Jennings continued to own the building) Dale however, did not find success. The Lamplite closed in the early months of 1957. On July 1, 1957, Roger Ferguson re-opened the establishment. Ferguson was a well-known athlete who played on Nick Carr’s world championship softball team.
Kentucky Times-Star, April 24, 1956, p. 1a, June 8, 1956, p. 5a, June 20, 1957, p. 8a and May 23, 1957, p. 2a; News Enterprise, July 4, 1957, p. 1.