- Leaving Children Behind: Black Education in Covington, Kentucky by Jeffrey Hampton. Well-researched history including Covington School records of the struggle for equal education for African-Americans, 193 pages, soft cover, indexed with endnotes, Preface by Dr. Eric Jackson, NKU associate professor. (2011) $20 including shipping.
- Northern Kentucky Fires – A Summary of the most memorable fires of the region. By Robert Webster. This 100-page softbound book details more than 130 fires throughout this 11 county region. Over 115 photos including 35 images from the Beverly Hills Supper Club tragedy. $20 including shipping.
- The Balcony is Closed – A History of Northern Kentucky’s Long-forgotten Neighborhood Movie Theatres. By Robert Webster. This 60 page soft-bound book gives the story of movie theatres in easy-to-find geographical and alphabetical order. A surprising local link to the career of Marcus Loew is discussed as well as the story of L. B. Wilson is included. Twenty-five photos. $20 including shipping.
- Newport Barracks, Kentucky's Forgotten Military Installation (1803-1894)" by Joseph L. Donnelly, MD, PhD., Edited by Karl J. Lietzenmayer, booklet with illustrations, endnotes, appendices & index, 96pp.
COST: $5.00 ($2.00 S&H)
- 1860 Federal Census Index for Kenton County Compiled by genealogist Dorothy Weick
COST: $3.00 (S&H included)
- Gentleman Farmers To City Folks (Wallace Woods, Covington) by Joseph Gastright. B & W photos; footnoted; map inserted; 64 pages.
COST: $9.00 (S&H included)
- African American Residents 1900 (index) from Kenton County Census by local historian Ted Harris. 13 one-sided pages.
COST: $2.00 (S&H included)
- Kenton County Small & Private Cemeteries, revised compiled by the Kenton County Historical Society, revised, 141 pages.
COST: $20.00 for members, $25.00 for non members ($2.00 S&H)
- Collected Papers of Kenton County Historical Society
Vols. I & II by many authors, vol. III by John E. Burns. 545 total pages, loose-leaf bound. Click on the link for complete list.
COST: $35.00 for members, $40.00 for non members ($15.00 S&H).
- O.J Wiggins' 106 Kenton Office Holders (1840-1880) Biographical sketches compiled by John Boh.
COST: $3.00 (S&H included)
- Northern Kentucky Heritage Magazine published semi-annually. Regional history and genealogy, cooperative participation with organizations in 13 counties.
- Annual subscription: $20.00/year or $38.00/2 years
- Back issues COST: $10.00
- All back issues (some issues on CD) COST: $125.00
- Trinity Episcopal Church, Covington (revised) compiled and researched by George F. Roth, Jr., 300 pages, indexed, 1991.
COST: $15.00 member, $20.00 non member ($5.00 S&H)
- Linden Grove Cemetery, Covington compiled by George C. Dreyer
- Vol I: 401 pages. $30.00 members, $40.00 non members ($6.00 S&H)
- Vol II: 257 pages. $20.00 members, $30.00 non members ($4.00 S&H)
- Covington Maps:
- 1840 (24 x 24 inches) COST: $6.00 +$2.00 postage
- 1851 (24 x 36 inches) COST: $8.00 + $2.00 postage
- Map of Kenton County, 1914
$10 including shipping. Size: 34" x 15" including border [actual map measures 29 1/2" x 14"]
The mission of the Kenton County Historical Society is to promote preservation, research, and dissemination of Kenton County history and genealogy, especially as it relates to the larger community.
Society Officers & Board of Directors
Robert Webster Vice President
John Boh Secretary
W. Terry Averbeck Treasurer
Richard Cardosi, MD
Mary Elise Regan