It’s December 23rd and you just realized you are missing a gift for your great aunt or maybe it’s your nephew or the neighbor. Our staff got together and came up with a few ideas for the last minute shopper.
1. DIY gifts can be a great money saver and something the gift receiver will truly enjoy. A bag or basket of your favorite cookies, candies or nuts is easy to personalize. You can even dress it up with a final addition of your favorite local coffee or adult brew. Everyone enjoys cuddling up with a good movie or book and a bunch of treats. Sticking with the DIY theme, you can also make an ornament or a card for someone special.
2. I personally love movie night baskets. It can include one or two DVDs, candy and popcorn. You can often find a great old movie for under $10.
3. Books and music are extremely easy to find and can be very inexpensive. We suggest The Mockingjay Part 1 Soundtrack along with a Mockingjay charm or even a new set of The Hunger Games paperback books. You can personalize it by giving your favorite CD or book in hopes of introducing the gift receiver to new music or a new author.
4. A magazine subscription can be a great gift and you can often find online deals like two years for the price of one. Grab a copy of that magazine from the local store to wrap and include a note telling the gift giver they now have a subscription.
5. Chocolates, old fashioned candies, hot chocolate gift pack, coffee gift pack and gourmet food baskets are great last minute gifts too. You can often pick these up at a reasonable price at most local stores.
6. Gift cards can be very impersonal but not if you choose one to your favorite restaurant or local store so that you can introduce the gift receiver to something new that you enjoy.
7. Check out Groupon, Cincysavers, Saving Lifestyle and other sites like that for great gifts at a great cost. Best part is you can go online, buy right now and print it off. You’ll avoid busy stores and get a great deal. I love that I can get deals for things to do. I love receiving and giving activity gifts. I have bought discounted tickets for museums, concerts, zip lining, hotels, family outings like Co Co Key, massages, wine tours and so much more.
What is your last minute go-to gift?