Kenton County Public Library is seeking up to five (5) artists or artist teams to create public artwork that celebrates and encourages literacy in our community while bringing attention to the library's public resources. The application is open to artists/artist teams who live and work in the Greater Cincinnati region. Artists working in any media are encouraged to apply.
Each artist or artist team will be painting a fiberglass bench that is in the shape of an open book. One bench will be assigned per artist/team to design and paint. A book from the provided list must be used to inspire the artwork. The artwork must be an original interpretation and not directly from illustrations in the book or any book cover(s).
The final installation of the benches will be in highly visible areas in the community. The locations will be determined by the communities in which they are located, Kenton County Public Library and the City of Covington. The benches will stay in their chosen location for up to one year. All terms and conditions will be laid out in a contract to be signed by the artist upon selection.
- Application Released: December 16, 2022
- Applications Due: January 25, 2023 at 11:59 pm (EST)
- Selection & Notification to Artists: On or before January 30, 2023
- Signed Contracts Due: February 1, 2023
- Delivery or pick-up benches: Week of February 6, 2023
- Drop off completed benches: Week of March 27, 2023
- Installation of benches: May 2023
For the full request for proposals and additional information, please use the links below:
- Artist Application Details
- Attachment A: Book List
- Attachment B: Bench Layout
- Attachment C: Paint Recommendations
All applications must be submitted electronically via jotforms by January 25, 2023 at 11:59pm EST. Click the link to apply:ARTIST APPLICATION
Contact for questions or additional information: Public Relations Department, PR@kentonlibrary.org