We have the technology to get you started:
Reserve an Item from the Digital Cart
Not sure where to begin?
Schedule an appointment with an expert:
Request a One-On-One Technology Appointment
What is the DigiCart?
The Erlanger branch of the Kenton County Public Library system is now home to the DigiCart. The DigiCart is a portable cart that contains digital items that are available for use within the library. These items include macbooks, yeti microphone, wacom tablet and more! Not sure where to start? We have ideas for you!
Software on Macbooks
All 4 macbooks come preloaded with the adobe creative cloud suite, microsoft office 2011, sculptris, garageband, iMovie and more!
Included in the Adobe Creative Suite
Adobe Illustrator – Adobe Bridge – Adobe Dreamweaver
Adobe InDesign – Adobe Photoshop – Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Premiere Pro – Adobe After Effects
Included in Microsoft Office
Microsoft Word – Microsoft Excel – Microsoft Powerpoint
Reference Desk: 859-962-4002
Maura Lambert: 859-962-4000 ext. 4101
(Emerging Technology & Design Specialist)
1. The DigiCart is available during normal library hours, but is unavailable 30 minutes prior to the Library closing.
2. A library card is required to check out all items in the DigiCart.
3. No food or drinks of any kind are permitted near the digital cart items.
4. Users can checkout items in a 3 hour time block (with extended time permitting no one else is waiting) by speaking with an associate at the reference desk in person, by phone or by filling out a request form online. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes after they are scheduled to begin, after that point they will be given to the next person waiting.
5. To checkout: Users must present a library card or drivers license to checkout items. All DigiCart items must stay within the building during their checkout period.
6. The individual who checks out the item will be responsible for any damage or misuse of the equipment.
7. If you are interested in using the Yeti microphone or any other noise-producing item you will be required to book a study room to use these items.
8. Priority will be given to users who are working on digital media projects (videos, music, websites, photo editing). Users who are using the computers for web browsing are encouraged to use one of the public computers.
9. Users must save their work on an external memory source (external hard drives are available for checkout) CDs, DVDs, and flash drives are also sold at the reference desk.
10. The canopus converter and USB turntable are NOT available for walk-up use, users must reserve the items or attend one of our programs to use them.