Freegal is a free music download and streaming service that allows you to download and keep 5 songs a week – choose from hundreds of popular artists. New songs are added daily so there is always something new! Freegal offers you access to millions of songs, including Sony Music’s catalog. Over 200 different genres; everything from Classical Music to Rap, including Pop, Rock, Children’s, Country, Classical and many more…
3/27/2020-9/30/2020 – Unlimited Streaming
- Streaming AND downloading. You now have a weekly download allotment, and a DAILY streaming allotment. Counters are in the upper right corner and will keep you informed of your allotments and usage.
- How to stream, how to download. Nothing has changed with the download functionality, except that the sample clips are now gone. Streaming is, after all, a license to sample!
- When you put your cursor over a song or an album, you will see a “stream now” button come up. That’s your cue to press that button and start listening. If you press that button on an album, the whole album will play in order.
- You can use “Freegal Playlists”. This is a list of pre-selected songs in a genre that you are sure to enjoy.
- To create a playlist:
- Click on “My Playlists” under “Streaming” on the left side.
- Click on “Create and Store Playlists”.
- At the top center, click on the “+” symbol next to “Saved Playlists”.
- Name your playlist (ex. “The Boss”) and describe it (ex. “Bruce”).
- In that box, click on “Create New Playlist” and your playlist is ready to add music.
- Click on the “Home” page and start looking for music to add.
- To add an album, move your cursor over an album cover and a =+ will appear. Click on that, and then add to your chosen playlist option.
- To add an individual song, click on the image until you see a play arrow and =+ sign. Pressing the =+ will allow you to add the song to your chosen playlist.
- Go Mobile with Freegal Apps!As always, Freegal Music is also a mobile experience. The new Freegal Music update for Android and Apple devices is in the stores/marketplace for you to be able to stream ad-free music, at no charge to you.
Download 5 songs per week per library card
Download counter resets every Monday at 12:01AM (Eastern time)
You’ll need a Library card in good standing. (fines under $10.00)
Songs do not need to be returned.
You will be able to keep track of your downloads in the upper right corner of the site.
If you have fines in excess of $10.00 you cannot download music from Freegal.
FAQs & Support
Freegal FAQ Page (you’ll need to be logged in to view this page)
Download the App