The Kenton County Public Library Local History & Genealogy Collection holds family papers, personal papers, and organizational records related to the history and people of Northern Kentucky. Finding aids or collection inventories for collections available for use can be viewed below. The material can be accessed by visiting the Local History & Genealogy Department on the 2nd floor of the Covington branch during regular Library hours or by contacting the Local History staff at 859-962-4070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Researchers interested in accessing the materials are asked to follow the
Guidelines for Use of Archives Collections:
1. All researchers should have photographic identification and register with the staff at the public desk.
2. Researchers must use pencils or a laptop/tablet for note taking. No pens or markers.
3. All backpacks, bags, computer cases, and/or purses should be placed on the floor away from the material.
3. No food or drink allowed in the department.
4. All items must be handled with care and kept in the original order within a folder.
5. Items can be photocopied (see staff for photocopy flags) or photographed with a digital camera or phone (see staff for template). Staff reserve the right to refuse to photocopy material that may, in our judgement, be too fragile to photocopy and/or violate copyright law.
All items published or reproduced should be cited as follows: