Bullock, Wilfred E. ‘Shorty’
Long-time Ludlow funeral home director and city booster. Bullock studied at the Cincinnati College of Embalming. Following graduation, he served in the United States Navy as a hospital corpsman during World War II.
In 1949, Wilfred E. Bullock established the Bullock Funeral Home at 461 Elm Street in Ludlow. The funeral home officially opened on July 10, 1949. Over the years, improvements were made the facilities. In 1966, Bullock constructed a parking lot to the west of the original building. A new chapel was added to the facilities in 1970. Bullock served as president of the Funeral Home Directors Association of Kentucky (1964-1965)
Wilfred E. Bullock was very active in Ludlow civic affairs. He served as president of the Ludlow Businessmen Association, was a member of the Ludlow Rotary Club, Unity Lodge F&AM No. 478, Junior Order United American Mechanics, Scottish Rite Masons, the Syrian Shrine, the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, a board member of Redwood School in Fort Mitchell, former treasurer of the Ludlow-Bromley Swim Club, Charter member of the Ludlow Zoning Commission, member of the Ludlow Board of Adjustments, and a director of the Home Federal Savings and Loan Association.
Bullock died on May 10, 1997 at 72 years of age. He was a resident of Crestview Hills at the time. He was survived by his wife, Grace Bell Bullock, and two children: Beverly Gayle Bullock Reeves and W. Daniel Bullock. Services were held at the Ludlow First Baptist Church with burial at Hebron Cemetery, Boone County.
News Enterprise, July 18, 1974, p. 1; Kentucky Post, May 12, 1997, p. 8A.