Cogrinco Country Club

In 1902, a number of Ludlow residents decided to establish a small country club in their community. The group leased a piece of property west of St. Boniface Church for this purpose. Plans called for a clubhouse, golf course and tennis courts. The original officers of the club were: A.C. Cole (president), C.E. Coursey (vice president), John P. Flemming (secretary and treasurer), and Monte L. Green (executive committee of one). No mention of the club can be found after 1902. One can assume that the name of the club was a combination of the surnames of the original officers.

Kentucky Times-Star, June 2, 1902, p. 3, June 4, 1902, p. 7, June 9, 1902, p. 3.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email