David Grimmeissen was born on August 1, 1869 in the city of Ludlow. As a youth he trained as a carpenter.
Grimmeissen became a member of the Ludlow Volunteer Fire department in 1886. He was elected chief of the department in 1905. During his tenure as chief, a new city building/fire house was constructed in 1922, the first motorized fire equipment was purchased, and the last fire department horses were put to pasture.
David Grimmeissen also served the community in another way. He was elected to the school board in 1904 and retained this position until 1926.
Grimmeissen died on April 3, 1926. His place of burial is at Highland Cemetery in Fort Mitchell. He was a member of the First Presbyterian Church. One of the stained glass windows in the church was donated by him.
Kentucky Death Certificate 1926