Sts. Boniface and James Church
Sts. Boniface and James Parish was established in 1980 by a decree of Bishop William A. Hughes of the Diocese of Covington. The Catholic population reached a peak in the 1950s. At that time, Ludlow’s two Catholic parishes recorded a total membership of 2,000.
In the years following World War II, the suburbs of Northern Kentucky began attracting many Ludlow residents. Ludlow’s Catholic population declined as a result.
In 1980, St. Boniface and St. James Parishes were merged. The former facilities of St. James Parish were utilized by the new congregation. In 1981, Sts. Boniface and James Church was completely remodeled.
The over all declining overall population of Ludlow resulted in fewer school aged children. At the close of the 1983-1984 school year, St. James-St. Boniface School closed. In 1986, the parish, in co-operation with three Covington parishes, established Prince of Peace Elementary School on Pike Street in Covington.
The pastors of Sts. Boniface and James Church have been: Rev. Robert Reinke (1977-1983), Rev. Joseph J. Rueter (1983-1993), and the Reverend Allan W. Bradley (1993- ).
Schroeder, David E., United in Faith: A History of the Catholic Church in Ludlow, Kentucky, 1872-1997.