Teed was born on October 14, 1850 in Tartuary, England. His parents were John Teed and Mary Hall Teed. He learned the trade of shoemaking from his father. At the age of 14, he immigrated to the United States.
In about 1870, Amos Teed moved to Ludlow and established a shoemaking business in town. He operated this business into the 1920s. Teed also served as the president of the Farmers and Mechanics Bank in Ludlow for a dozen years. He was president of the Bank of Ludlow and the Kenton Building Association.
On the political front, Teed served on the Ludlow School Board for one term. In 1926, he began a term as mayor. He was a member of the Unity Lodge No. 478, Charter Oak Knights of Pythias, and the American Eagle Lodge of Odd Fellows.
Amos Teed died on September 30, 1926. Funeral services were held at the First Presbyterian Church with burial at Highland Cemetery in Fort Mitchell. Teed was survived by his wife, Emma Teed, and six children: Mrs. William Beatty, Mrs. David Boyd, Mrs. William Ehrlick, Frank Teed, Edmund Teed and Arthur Teed.
Commonwealth of Kentucky Death Certificate 1926; Kentucky Post , December 25, 1925, p. 1, October 1, 1926, p.1 and October 2, 1926, p. 1