In 1946, the citizens of Bromley passed a bond issue to establish a park in the city. Property was acquired at the northwest corner of Shelby and Harris Streets. In order to purchase equipment and to beautify the grounds, the Bromley Volunteer Fire Department sponsored a street fair on September 8 and 9, 1950. Funds from the fair, and other activities have been raised over the years to maintain and improve the playground facilities. Today, the park includes a baseball field, playground equipment and a small storage shed.
Kentucky Post, September 2, 1950, p. 1.