Bromley’s war memorial was dedicated on November 3, 1946 at the northeast corner of Pleasant and Shelby Streets. The site was donated by Mr. And Mrs. George H. Hackstadt. Dedication services included a keynote speech by Kenton County Attorney James E. Quill. Robert Flanigan received the honor of unveiling the memorial and Dorothy Traylor gave a dedicatory address.
The original Bromley memorial listed the names of the 119 Bromley residents who fought in the Second World War. Funding for the project was raised by the Traylor Social Defense Club, a group of citizens who met at Traylors Café during the war.
Bromley residents who served in the Korean Conflict and the Vietnam War were subsequently added to the memorial. The war memorial has been the focus of Memorial Day Services in Bromley since 1946.
Kentucky Post, October 31, 1946, p. 8.