Central Christian Church
The Central Christian Church was established in 1909 by Disciples of Christ living in the central part of the city. At this time, two other Disciple of Christ congregations were active in Covington, both in the northern section of the city. The members of the Central Christian Church worshipped in a private home at the corner of Greenup and 18th Streets. The members quickly bought a piece of property and had preliminary plans to construct a permanent church building. By 1912, the congregation maintained a membership of 100.
In 1912, the members of Central Christian Church and Fourth Street Christian Church decided to merge. A lot was acquired on Madison Avenue between 15th and 16th Streets and construction began. The new merged congregation was named Madison Avenue Christian Church.
Madison Avenue Christian Church, Covington, Kentucky, Golden Anniversary 1963, Kentucky Post, February 8, 1912, p. 3, March 19, 1912, p. 7 and March 27, 1912, p. 7.