Submitting photos to Faces and Places: Northern Kentucky Photographic Archives
- If you would like to donate your photographs or film negatives or submit those items for digitization, please bring or send them to the Covington Branch of the Kenton County Public Library addressed to the attention of Cierra Earl.
- You may also send in scanned digital images on CD or through email. We ask that the digital images be scanned at 300 dpi and saved in JPEG format.
- Please include with the photographs, film negatives and digital images a description of the subject matter in each of the individual images. This information, as much as possible, should include:
- Names, ages and location of people in the photograph
- Name of event or subject of the photograph
- Location of where the photograph was taken (house number, street name, city and or state)
- Date the photograph was taken (specific or within a certain time period)
- Photographer of the image
- If applicable, the source of the images or name of the person whose collection it belongs to.
- If you would like the photographs or film negatives returned, please make sure that each photograph is labeled with your name and contact information. This also allows us to give proper credit for the photo and return it to the correct owner.
When you submit or donate photographs or film negatives to our archive you will be asked to sign a Photograph/Digital Image Donation Form. This form will include all the images submitted or donated with their descriptions and a statement of release allowing us to use and upload the images to our website. If you have any additional questions about the Photograph/Digital Image Donation Form we will be happy to answer them for you.
The Faces and Places: Northern Kentucky Photographic Archives includes photographs of the Northern Kentucky region that are of historical and general interest. The Library reserves the right to include only those photos that meet with its collection development policy. Also, please realize that it may take some time to digitize your photographs or film negatives, index them and upload them to our web site.
Cierra Earl, MA
Local History and Genealogy Department
Mary Ann Mongan Branch
Kenton County Public Library
502 Scott Boulevard
Covington, KY 41011
Phone: (859)962-4060 x4232 or (859)962-4070
Fax: (859) 261-2676