What is a Book Discussion Kit?
Each kit contains 12-15 copies of a title, as well as a binder containing information about the book and its author, reviews, questions for discussion, and suggestions for running a successful book discussion group. Kits have an eight week loan period, and may not be renewed. Persons checking out the kits will be responsible for returning all materials contained in the kit. Kits can be requested through the online catalog, or by contacting Amy Wilson 859-962-4081 for assistance.
You can also use our online request form.
HOOPLA QUARTERLY PICKS & RESOURCES
Each quarter, we will release a new Spotlight Selection title, along with materials including a discussion guide and exclusive author interview to help you get the most out of your book club. We will also curate an additional eight recommended titles to meet the diverse interests of any group. Your next great book club pick is here!
Book Kit Titles:
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (Digital book kit) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash by Jean Shepherd
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- A Is for Alibi by Sue Grafton
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carnarvon
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
- Let That Be the Reason by Vickie M. Stringer
- Life Sentences by Laura Lippman
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- Little Bee by Chris Cleave
- The Little Colonel (Digital book kit) by Annie F. Johnston
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- The Long Season by Jim Brosnan
- The Loss of the S.S. Titanic (Digital book kit) by Lawrence Beesley
- The Loved One by Evelyn Waugh
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkington
- Main Street by Sinclair Lewis
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson
- March by Geraldine Brooks