The staff of the Kenton County Public Library is committed to serving the people of our community. To that end, we affirm that borrowers have the right to:
- A clean, safe, friendly library environment.
- A meeting room and public bulletin boards available on an equitable basis.
- Reading and study areas free from unnecessary disturbances.
Services and Programs
- Prompt, courteous service at all times.
- Prompt, professional and friendly assistance in accessing the Library catalog, materials, technology and equipment.
- Equitably managed access to electronic and technology resources
- Equitable access to services and programs.
- Provision of reasonable accommodations for those whose disabilities inhibit access to standard services.
- Full use of the Library’s collection without regard to gender, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or income.
- A collection that reflects the needs and interests of the community that is selected without regard to origin, background, or point of view of those contributing to a particular item’s creation.
- A collection that reflects various points of view
- Reasonable access to items not available in the Library’s collection.
- Appropriate technology for accessing electronic elements of the collection.
- Timely notification of closures and holidays that would affect the borrower’s ability to access any part of the collection.
- Access to processes for requesting that additional materials be added to the collection.
- Access to processes to request review of materials in the collection.
- Privacy of their records in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Review of each individual’s borrower record upon request of that borrower.
- Prompt notification of overdue items.
- Accurate assessment of fines and charges.
- A borrower suggestion system for new services or materials that the Library should consider providing.
- A grievance process in the event any staff member or service fails to meet expectations or if any borrower believes his or her rights have been violated.