First Church of the Nazarene
Twenty-two charter members established the First Church of the Nazarene on June 30, 1939. The congregation originally met in the Odd Fellows Hall on Elm Street. Later,
they erected a tent at 222 Elm Street where they met until a permanent building was constructed.
Property was purchased on the southeast corner of Oak and Davies Streets as a site for a new church. The congregation broke ground for the new building on May 4, 1941. An addition to the building was made in the mid 1950s.
Ministers of the congregation when it was in Ludlow were: Joseph Butcher, Charlie Gore, Ollie Huff, Hugh Dean, Curtis Lee, and Arthur O. Little.
In the mid 1960s, Rev. Little constructed a new church for the congregation in Fort Wright. The old building at the corner of Oak and Davis Streets eventually became the home of Duro Paper Bag Manufacturers.
Most Ludlow residents of the congregation followed Rev. Little to Fort Wright. Nineteen members, however, wished to establish a new congregation in Ludlow. In July 1967, a new Ludlow Church of the Nazarene was established at 52 Ringgold Street in Ludlow. The first permanent minister of this congregation was the Rev. Robert E. Bell.
Ludlow Centennial Souvenir Program, 1864-1964, p. 25, Kentucky Post, May 3, 1941, p. 1; News Enterprise, October 10, 1968, p. 1.