Junior Order Building
Located at the southwest corner of Elm and Davies Streets, the Junior Order building was constructed in 1940 at a cost of $30,000.00. The Bluegrass Chapter of the Junior Order of United American Mechanics financed the building. The Bluegrass Council was established in 1879. The two-story brick building contained a large business space on the first floor and a hall, meeting room and a kitchen on the second floor for use of the Junior Order. Architect Leslie S. Deglow designed the structure. The building was dedicated on August 11, 1940.
Many businesses have been located on the first floor of the Junior Order Building since 1940. The current tenant is the Ludlow Family Pharmacy.
Kentucky Post, August 9, 1940.