What is a Book Discussion Kit?
Each kit contains 12-15 copies of a title, as well as a binder containing information about the book and its author, reviews, questions for discussion, and suggestions for running a successful book discussion group. Kits have an eight week loan period, and may not be renewed. Persons checking out the kits will be responsible for returning all materials contained in the kit. Kits can be requested through the online catalog, or by contacting Melanie Adolphson at 859.962.4201 or John Graham at 859.962.4076 for assistance.
You can also use our online request form.
HOOPLA QUARTERLY PICKS & RESOURCES
Each quarter, we will release a new Spotlight Selection title, along with materials including a discussion guide and exclusive author interview to help you get the most out of your book club. We will also curate an additional eight recommended titles to meet the diverse interests of any group. Your next great book club pick is here!
Book Kit Titles:
- 1984 by George Orwell
- 52 Pickup by Elmore Leonard
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Amateur Cracksman (Digital book kit) by E. W. Hornung
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
- The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel
- Aunt Jane of Kentucky by Eliza Calvert Hall
- Ava’s Man by Rick Bragg
- Behind the Scenes (Digital book kit) by Elizabeth Keckley
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel by Deborah Moggach
- Blue Nights by Joan Didion
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Call the Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, and Hard Times
- Camille by Alexandre Dumas
- Captain Blood (Digital book kit) by Rafael Sabatini
- A Christmas Carol (Digital book kit) by Charles Dickens
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Clay’s Quilt by Silas House
- Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- The Clothes They Stood Up In & The Lady in the Van by Alan Bennett