In order to provide local authors with the ability to connect with the reading public, the Kenton County Public Library offers a Local Authors Collection. This collection is housed at our Covington Branch, but all items will appear in our online catalog, and holds can be placed to pick up any title at any location.
- Authors submitting works for this collection should have a clear connection to Kenton County or a surrounding county.
- Librarians in the Collection Development Department will determine whether a submitted work is appropriate for the Local Authors Collection using the following criteria:
- Suitability of subject, style, and level for the intended audience
- Quality of writing, including spelling and grammar
- Quality of layout, production, and illustrations
- Professional reviews, if available.
- Both traditionally published and self-published works will be considered for this collection; however, textbooks and unpublished works such as manuscripts, pamphlets, and other unbound materials are not accepted.
- The Local Authors Collection will be comprised of books donated by their authors.
- Donated materials not added to the Library’s collection will not be returned to the author.
- Items added to the collection that do not circulate regularly will be subject to removal as part of the Library’s regular deselection process.
- Family histories and other similar items may be shelved in the Kentucky History & Genealogy Department when appropriate.
- The Library cannot add self-published ebooks.
- The author must represent and warrant full ownership and/or legal rights to publish all material in this book, including artwork.
- Allow up to ninety (90) days for a donated item to appear in the library catalog.
Download and Print the Submission Form
Thank you for your interest in making your book available through the Kenton County Public Library.