Local History Hours:
- Due to limited computer availability and occupancy limits, only 4 researchers at a time may will be allowed access to the space.
- Researchers wishing to reserve a time slot to visit the department will be able to do so by calling the Local History Desk at 859-962-4070.
- Research appointments will be available for a maximum of two hours a day.
- Researchers will be limited to 1 one-hour computer reservation per day.
- Circulating collections will be available for public browsing.
- If there are no researchers or reservations, the floor may be opened up for other purposes.
- Patrons can schedule a one-hour appointment via a phone call, online through a virtual meeting, or in-person at the Covington branch. Phone and virtual appointments are available Monday – Friday between 10 AM and 4 PM. Invitations for virtual meetings will be sent via email. To schedule your appointment call the Local History & Genealogy Department at (859) 962-4070.
Phone Number: 859-962-4070
Where to begin…
Hours, location and local information.
Over 100,000 photographs from Northern Kentucky
Family and local history resources
NKY Newspaper Index, Enquirer, Post
Ancestry, HeritageQuest, NKY specific databases and more.
Images, oral histories, maps etc. / Family papers, personal papers, and organizational records from NKY
Visit the Genealogy Department to access our microfilm collection.
Biographies, community history and historical societies.
Support the Local History & Genealogy Department. The Library also collects items like photographs, family history and genealogy information.
Join us for an upcoming program to improve your genealogy skills or learn about local history
Bring your photos, slides and more to the department and use our scanning equipment.
Find more of our great videos on Periscope.
- Research & Photograph Request Fees & Policies
- Interlibrary Loan
- Contact Kentucky History & Genealogy