What is a Book Discussion Kit?
Each kit contains 12-15 copies of a title, as well as a binder containing information about the book and its author, reviews, questions for discussion, and suggestions for running a successful book discussion group. Kits have an eight week loan period, and may not be renewed. Persons checking out the kits will be responsible for returning all materials contained in the kit. Kits can be requested through the online catalog, or by contacting Amy Wilson 859-962-4081 for assistance.
You can also use our online request form.
HOOPLA QUARTERLY PICKS & RESOURCES
Each quarter, we will release a new Spotlight Selection title, along with materials including a discussion guide and exclusive author interview to help you get the most out of your book club. We will also curate an additional eight recommended titles to meet the diverse interests of any group. Your next great book club pick is here!
Book Kit Titles:
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Same Kind of Different as Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
- The Secret Garden (Digital book kit) by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Secret Rooms by Catherine Bailey
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
- Somewhere in Time by Richard Matheson
- The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. Du Bois
- A Star for Mrs. Blake by April Smith
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas S. Kuhn
- A Study in Scarlet (Digital book kit) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Tarzan of the Apes (Digital book kit) by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Ten Days in a Mad House (Digital book kit) by Nellie Bly
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
- The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup