We are sorry, but we are not currently able to accept volunteer applications.
Kenton County Library Volunteer Program Mission
The Volunteer Program seeks to provide opportunities for volunteers to make meaningful contributions to the operations of the library, help to expand and enhance library services, strengthen ties to the community and build public awareness of the diverse services provided by Kenton County Public Libraries.
Why do people volunteer at the Kenton County Public Library?
- They love KCPL and want to contribute their time & talents
- They enjoy the satisfaction of helping others
- They want to enhance their job skills or build their resume
- They have benefited from the services KCPL offers and want to give back
- They want to meet new people
- They want to give back to their community
Volunteers are a valuable resource to the Library and have the right to be treated with respect and fairness, to be given meaningful assignments, to be treated as co-workers and to be recognized for their work. In return, volunteers agree to perform their duties to the best of their abilities and to remain loyal to the mission, values, goals and policies of the Library.
How do I become a volunteer?
To become a volunteer you will need to complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the online volunteer application
- Complete a brief in-person interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Receive the Volunteer Handbook and complete required forms including background check
- Request, be selected for, and then placed into a particular volunteer position(s)
- Receive an orientation and job training relative to your assigned position(s)
Please complete the online volunteer application. (We no longer use paper applications) Following completion of the volunteer application, we will contact you via email to set up a brief in person interview.
If you are under 18 years of age, please print and complete a copy of the parental consent form.
You may also want to learn about our Friends of the Library group.
Covington Volunteer Coordinators
Julie Sutton 962-4211
Erlanger Volunteer Coordinators:
Lisa Clark 962-4239
William E. Durr
Durr Volunteer Coordinators
Jessica Slone 962-4092
Thank you for interest in volunteering at the Kenton County Public Library. If you have any further questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Sonya Brewer or 859-578-3605.