National Library Card Signup Month runs Sept. 1-Sept. 30. Anyone who lives in the 275 loop can stop by with an ID and proof of their current address to apply for a free Kenton County Public Library card. Everyone knows you can borrow books from the library with your library card, but did you know there are many other ways to save money with your card? Here are 13 of them:
- HelpNow – Every parent’s life just got easier! HelpNow provides free online homework help seven days a week.
- Library of Things – Having a party? Borrow Jenga (Toppling Tower), ring toss or other fun games. Enjoy looking at the stars? We have telescopes. Want to see if Uncle Frank buried the family gold? Borrow a metal detector!
- Hoopla – Ditch the expensive subscription services and stream movies, music and audiobooks for free through Hoopla with your library card!
- Libby – Save money on magazines, audiobooks and e-books by borrowing these items for free with your library card on Libby.
- Kanopy – Watch movies, documentaries, foreign films, classic cinema, and more. Five free movies each month with your library card.
- Gale Courses - Take a free interactive, instructor-led course entirely online. Subjects include writing, healthcare, design, business, cryptocurrencies, sign language, weight loss, personal investing, leadership and so much more.
- Creativebug - Learn a new craft or hobby like sewing, baking, beading or book binding by taking a free online class.
- Legal Forms Database – Get free legal forms for wills, power of attorney, sale of home, leases and more.
- Oral History Kit – Record your family history. The kit includes an Olympus WS-853 Digital Voice Recorder, instructions, and sample interview release forms.
- Mango Languages – Learn a new language with this free online tool.
- Career Navigator – Get help fine-tuning your interviewing skills with a Career Navigator at the library.
- Consumer Reports – Not sure what refrigerator or computer to buy? Get access to Consumer Reports articles and rankings online.
- Empower Tools - Moving? Borrow hand trucks, ratchet strap sets and moving blankets. Doing a home project but don’t have the right tool? Borrow it! Dryer lint trap desperate for a cleaning? Borrow a cleaning removal kit. Need a wheelbarrow or ladder? We’ve got you covered.
Visit kentonlibrary.org to put items on hold and discover more ways to save with a library card.