The Kenton County Public Library has several special services for educators (infant through grade 12) to support and extend classroom activities.
The Library offers the following services and resources for educators:
- Educator Cards
- An Educator card is available to all educators who teach in, or live in, Kenton County, including home school and preschool. A 7-day grace period on fines will apply to any item returned beyond the due date. Automatic renewal of materials (up to a maximum of 5 times). Lost and damaged fees will be waived for up to 5 books per school year.
- Educator Collections
- Do you need books for your next assignment? The Library can create a collection for you. Select up to 10 specific titles or just tell us the subject and we can create the collection for you with up to 30 items. See the link below to request an Educator Collection.
- School Visits
- Librarians are available to visit schools and classrooms for curriculum support, storytimes, book discussions, explanation of library resources or question and answer sessions. Virtual school visits are also available. Please schedule visits at least two weeks in advance.
- Library Tours and Student Library Cards
- We encourage teachers to visit our Library branches with their students! During your visit we can also provide library cards for your students. Please contact the School Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your school visit to the Library.
- Database Training
- A librarian can visit your classroom or teacher meeting to discuss and demonstrate any of our databases or ebook platforms. Virtual database training is also available. Please contact the School Services Coordinator at email@example.com to schedule database training.
- Collection of ready-to-go lessons and activities for PreK-6 grades, subjects, and skill levels.
- Illustrator Packs
- Children’s Book Club Kits
- Maker Kits
- STREAM Lesson Plans
Request a K-6 Collection for pick up at Erlanger – Covington – William E. Durr
Request a 7-12 Collection for pick up at Erlanger – Covington – William E. Durr
Home-school educators can apply for an educator card for all the same benefits as a classroom educator. Our home-school resources are a collection of links to help you get started building your home-school practice.
Teachables – online treasure trove of ready-to-go lessons and activities for PreK-6 grades, subjects, and skill levels.
Homeschool Handbook Magazine
All children are born learners. We hope that you and your children become life-long learners at the Library.
Tips for Reading with Your Child: