Dress for Success offers services for low-income individuals to obtain professional work attire.
- You can make an appointment with a Career Navigator to make a list of target companies or roles.
- Data Axle is a database for North American businesses, accessible with a Kenton County Public Library card, that can help you make a list of target companies or industries. We offer a bi-monthly class to teach you the ins and outs of the database. Contact Michelle Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Each branch of the Kenton County Public Library receives an updated copy of the Cincinnati Business Courier's Book of Lists. This is an annual guide to Greater Cincinnati's largest companies and non-profits These are kept at the reference desk and are not for check out, but patrons are able to copy any needed pages or information.
An Elevator Speech is a brief description of your skills and career goals. The purpose is to be able to succinctly share your needs or talents with someone who can potentially assist in your job search.
The library offers a monthly class at the Covington branch to teach you how to fine-tune your elevator pitch. Contact Career Navigator Nancy Knauf at email@example.com for more information.
- Your resume can greatly impact your job search if it is not organized and formatted in a way that is congruent with today's market standards. The library offers a class to help you update and adapt your resume.
- Interested in a federal job or company?
- Check out the Federal Resume Guidebook by Kathryn Troutman or contact Mikaela Brungs at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our next Federal Resume Workshop.